Thursday, November 15, 2007
...
One of my Uncles (He is my Dad's oldest brother) has stage four stomach cancer. He was in a hospital earlier, last week he was released to a nursing home. My cousin was looking for someone to drive my Aunt to see him on weekdays. I volunteered myself, since I am the only stay-at-home person in the family. The time I have to pick her up and drive her back is in the middle of the day, which means I pretty much can't do anything else. I am not complaining, but just didn't realize simply driving back and forth, even though the distance is short, can be so much work.

I am so tired by the time I get home from picking up my son, I just want to sleep. Laundries are piling up; we have been eating take-outs every night. But it is the least I can do to help out.

Labels:



2 Comments:

Blogger Cap'n John said...

Actually we haven't been eating Take Out every night. Despite everything my lovely wife is doing for her relatives, she still finds time to cook dinner for us. And the laundry is not piling up, she is definitely taking care of business. Thank you, dear, for hot food and clean clothes and everything else you do for us :)

Blogger smizzo said...

I am sorry your uncle is sick. It's always so hard on the family.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer