Tuesday, July 26, 2005
I've had it!
***Warning: The following entry is me whining, if you don't want to read it, you can leave right now.

I don't know what's with people. First they like to touch your tummy when you are pregnant, without asking for permission of course. If they have asked, I would not have minded so much. At least I had the option to say no.

Then when the kids are born, they like to touch them. One thing to praise them how cute they are, but it's a whole new story when they use their hands. Get your germy hands away from my kids.

And it isn't just the germs I'm freaking out about. Here is a really good example. We were at In-N-Out one day, it was a sit-in one. The kids and I were seated while John went to order food. JE was whinning about being hungry. This old guy came over and put his hands around his shoulder and was telling him things. I guess he was trying to comfort him. But I was totally focused on his hands, TOUCHING MY SON! He went back to his seat. Then he started to come over again, but before he even reached our table, I told him to go away. I didn't know what his intention was, could be he was just being nice. But when you started putting your hands on my kids, I had to put a stop to it. In this case, it was an old man. But it could be anyone. I don't care if you are old, young, man or woman.

Last and foremost, some of them just love to give you parenting advices. Most of the time I just nodded and smiled. But yesterday I lost it. I was at the mall with Amber, savering the a/c. Amber started to whine and wanted food, so I went to the food court and started to make a bottle for her. This woman came over and said to me:"Maybe your child is hungry, you should feed her." I wanted to throw the bottle at her. I was so pisssed off. Instead I said the following to her,
Me: First of all are you her mother?
Her: No.
Me: Then how do you know what she wants and don't want? Second, you must be blind, I'm making a bottle even before you came over. If you haven't interferred, I would have finished a long time. Go away and mind your own business.

She sulked away. Well, too bad lady. Maybe next time you will think twice before you give unwanted advice to someone else. At least I felt better after I told her off.

***End of whinning.

PS: I'm talking about strangers here, not people I know.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN, SISTER! I give you a ton of credit for speaking your mind. You've done what I've wanted to do to strangers on so many occassions. Maybe now I will have the guts to do the same.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO LIIZ!!!

((hugs))

I'm glad you told her off, she was being an interfering witch.

tell JE that he can tell people to leave him alone too, even if you are there. no time like the present to start. :)

heh...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go woman! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang yo! I know I"m late with the comment but I totally know about people sticking their noses in other people's business.

I remember when my sister was little people would assume *I* was her mother. ME! At that time I was 12 years old. TWELVE! What the HELL!?! How traumatising is that to a pre-teen having fun taking care of her sister huh?

And just today this guy came into my work after watching me theatre dip chocolates in the window. I had refilled the chocolate with new stuff to be melted and he said something to me and pointed in the window at the dipper. I couldn't hear him so he came in and was all 'you know what that white stuff is?' and he pointed to my melting chocolates. 'Bloom' he says. and then proceeds to tell me all about bloom. I actually told him they were scuff marks on the chocolates which was true when you put loads of chocolate bits on top of eachother they're gonna scuff... and he got all huffy at me like I didn't know what I was talking about. HELLO? I WORK IN A MO'foin' chocolate shop I would at least hope I knew what I was doing. You can't stick bloomed chocolate in a pot of melting stuff to dip because all the crystals and ph of the chocolate will change to the bloomed stuff and make the whole entire batch bloom. DUH! dumb...ASS. I was pissed.

get out of my store ass.

okay enough of my whining.

Prism

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer