Tuesday, September 27, 2005
It smells so good
A few days ago blogeois posted a tomato sauce recipe on her blog. It's extremely easy to make. It just takes a while in the oven, but once it's there, you basically don't have to worry about it until time is up. I had a chance to make them this afternoon. An hour into the oven, the aroma is filled in the house. It smelled so good. In fact it's still smelling really good, which make me very very hungry. Here is a recipe if you are interested.

* 4 quarts (roughly 3 dozen) plum tomatoes, halved and seeded (I used 2 dozen instead)
* 1/3 cup olive oil
* 1 teaspoon kosher salt
* 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
* 2 cups onions, finely chopped
* 4-5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
* 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
* 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
* 1 cup red wine

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lay out tomatoes cut-side up on a half-sheet pan and sprinkle generously with pepper, garlic, onions, and herbs. Drizzle olive oil over the tomatoes and place in oven. Bake for two hours checking occasionally to make sure the tomatoes are not burning (if they are browning up too quickly, reduce heat to 300 degrees). After two hours, increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees and bake for another 30 minutes.

Remove the tomatoes from the oven and process them through a food mill to remove the skins and any remaining seeds. Pour the pureed tomatoes into a saucepan, add wine, bring to a boil and cook for an additional five minutes.

Note: I don't have a food mill, so I basically used a spoon to scoop out the tomatoes.

Man I am hungry.

On a different topic, I signed up for an aerobic class in our city's community center. It's once a week for an hour each time. It's a lot cheaper than joining a gym, at the same time I feel motivated because I'm exercising with other people. I have not done any form of exercises for God knows how long. I was pretty proud of myself to last for a whole hour and my body isn't as sore as I excepted.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last time I went to an aerobics class, it was 'jazzercize' and it was awful. There were these ladies who'd obviously been going for a while, and when I showed up with my two left feet, they giggled and snerked at me. I never went back.

Hopefully you wont have the same problem as me!

Have fun!

x

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer