Monday, August 21, 2006
F-ing miserable
My mom is turning 60! Geesh, I can not believe. You never really imagine your parents getting old, and 60?

I took her to Queen Mary for Sunday brunch yesterday. I guess some people were walking out without paying, now you are required to pay ahead of time. It is pretty rare that we get to go out just two of us. A lovely time we spent together.

She took today off as her birthday day-off. We decided to hit Santa Barbara for the day. I booked a whale watching tour for us. It was a good idea, considering my dad had a back surgery earlier this year and now he walks with a limp. So sitting in a boat for a few hours, seeing some sea lions, whales, dolphins sounded fun and my dad didn't need to walk much.

Well, everything went downhill an hour into the trip. The waves were really strong, I felt like I was on a roller coaster. My dad started to get sea sick. So we all moved to downstairs, but it didnt help much with either of us. One by one we got sea sick, including JE. JE and I ended sleeping most of the trip, because it was the only way not to feel like throwing up.

I did see some sea lions, dolphins, and whales though, so the trip wasn't totally lost. Still we were paying to get "tortured". Even as I am typing now, I feel I'm rocking back and forth. I think I'm going to lie down now.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww... poor baby!

I never get on a boat. I have seasick just looking at the water moving back and forth!

Blogger Jack Barrier said...

My dad lives in Seattle so boats are kind of second nature to me as I spent every summer from 13-22 there but for someone that isn't used to it, it sure can toss the ol cookies around.
My dad is now 66 years old and it seems like as far back as I can remember, he has always had some kind of grey hair -I was born out of middle age lust hahaha-. He doesn't get around as well as he used to either so boating is a thing of the past for him. :(
He still laughs a great deal though which makes me happy. I haven't seen him in over 2 years now but with my wedding coming up in September, the excitement of getting married to the woman I love coupled with seeing my dad is going to be great!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer