Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Da quiz
What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The Midland
The Northeast
Philadelphia
The South
The West
Boston
North Central
What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz


Only partially right. My accent is more a combination of mid-west, Chinese, English, and after married to an Aussie for eight years, my husband claims that I speak Australian from time to time too.

Labels:



1 Comments:

Blogger Cap'n John said...

I took it and it thinks I'm from the Northeast, perhaps Pennsylvania, which makes sense because I think those states have the most english sounding speakers. I also don't think this test is overly accurate because when you take it there's a good chance you'll say Dawn and Don sound different, because to you they do. I think you need to take the test with someone else asking you to say each set of words, and that person should choose whether or not the two words sound the same to them.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer